I had a test this morning at 8. Prognosis: Student performed poorly. Stayed in class until 12. Went back to class at 1. Got out of class and back to my apartment at 4:15. It's been a long day.
During the 1:00-4:00 portion of class, we went over paperwork that we will start doing next week and continue doing until the end of clinicals. It's 12 pages of thorough documentation needed to be filled out on our patient--medications, all of their effects, nursing diagnoses, I don't even know. Just a bunch of stuff to fill out on the side, when we're not giving baths, medications, doing homework, studying for tests, or whatever. Eek!
Anyway, today was the first time that I've EVER had a second thought about nursing. For a moment, doing something with physial therapy sounded pretty good, too. (It still doesn't sound too bad.) I know that this will pass and hopefully if I read this entry later, I will think, "Yeah, that was tough, but it's not anymore!" rather than, "Man, I thought THAT was bad!"
Next week (I think Wendesday) is our first 'official' week in clinicals, and I got put with the nice teacher, Ms. Jordan. She's almost as legendarily great as Ms. Tipton, I think. Maybe that will ease the pain a tidbit :)
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment